Screenprinting! "City Walker"


I learned how to screenprint! Friend and fellow artist extraordinaire Kathy Jaller graciously set up a hands on workshop in her studio this weekend, and we all had a blast.

We had a session yesterday and today, learning how to stretch, prep, and burn screens. I made a screen of City Walker and Dive, and started experimenting on paper. Next week will be devoted to printing (shirts maybe?). I just printed the robot today, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the fish looks when I try it out next week!

Apologies for image quality, these were taken with my phone camera -





6 comments :: Screenprinting! "City Walker"

  1. Awesome! I'm dying to lean to screenprint! I'm just going to buy one and learn by trial/error. I have a question... I always stumble on your site how do I get my site cpdesigns.org to be stumbled upon?

  2. ... that's screenprinting? bloody hell - when i tried to it always ended up as a mess...

    great work =)

  3. I'm an art major with a concentration in printmaking...and screen printing is one of my favorite techniques. Your print look wonderful and clean!

  4. Nice one dude they look awesome! I'm excited coz I've got a screen printing weekend coming up too. I can't wait!

  5. Thanks! I had a good teacher =)

  6. Thanks for the information! I've been meaning to start this process myself so this is a big help.

Post a Comment