"Rose Mountain"


"Rose Mountains" - 7" x 10" - watercolor, gouache and ink on paper

Continuing to explore the simple aesthetic. Wow, this one ended up ridiculously cute though. I almost wanted to add a big monster in the background to offset it...

Haha, oh well.

-----

Update:

After some friends made fun of my ridiculously cute painting, I decided to make a new version that had more of an edge to it. Here it is, with 78% more Gamera.

9 comments :: "Rose Mountain"

  1. Again, I'm liking the work you're doing with warmer colors. And I think the monster in the background would really make the piece really unique to you all for the better (:

  2. Just using this photo as wallpaper :-). Very nice, unfortunatelly the original resolution seems to be not too great - haven't you thought about publishing some of your artworks as desktop wallpapers? I think not only me would appreciate that very much.

  3. Glad you like it! As far as desktop wallpapers go... what size is your desktop? It's something I've been meaning to get to, but just haven't had the time --

    I think it's probably about time I put some together though =)

  4. Wonderful news, Lawrence! My desktop is 1920x1200 which is same ratio as most of widescreen displays (16:10).

    Statistics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution#Current_standards

    I personally wouldn't save a copy for each resolution, but only for the highest in the particular ratio. That means 16:10 (1920x1200 or 2560x1600), 5:4 (1280x1200) and maybe 16:9 (1920x1080) and 4:3 (1600x1200).

    Anyway, thank you!

  5. Hey, I've put up a 1920x1200 pixel desktop wallpaper of "Rose Mountains" for you --

    Here's the link:

    http://www.suckatlife.com/temp/roseMountains1920x1200.jpg

  6. Thank you one more time! :-)

  7. great blog and great pictures

  8. haha, the monster idea is funny!
    but this pretty. and the rabbits! :D

  9. Hello I want to congratulate to them by its site of the Web of the excellent looks like entertained and very good very to me it elaborated. I invite them to that they explore a little on my Web site

Post a Comment