"Pomegranate Bear"


"Pomegranate Bear" - pomegranate juice and ink on paper- 3 1/2" x 5"

It's pomegranate season, which means pomegranates for dinner!

I was deseeding one, and the juice was getting everywhere... The color was incredibly vibrant, so I experimented with bursting some onto a scrap of paper.

And then I made it into a bear =).

11 comments :: "Pomegranate Bear"

  1. Very neat; the color works beautifully!

  2. Pom is good for you!

  3. hah! i love it

  4. hi there, i tried to email you about purchasing your work but it bounced back. can you email me? thank you!!

  5. I love this! I did something similar once but with blueberries. but its not quite as good as this one


    [IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f78/theXsecretXshow/Stuff/DSCN1759.jpg[/IMG]

  6. Thanks guys, glad you like it. Nick, that blueberry drawing is rad!

  7. superb even i had done something with pomegranate juice once..:)

  8. do the colors stay so vibrant over time? I thought they turned brown?

  9. Yeah, I was worried about that too -- I took some high res pictures of it, and will probably spray it with some sort of sealant. But I think it may eventually turn brown.

    Which could actually be pretty cool too =)

  10. This is awesome, and I love pomegranates!

  11. Hey, I'm from Australia and I randomly came across all your artworks it's exceptional!

    Couldn't help but comment... hehehe

    Cheers

Post a Comment